- Purpose & Mission
- Institutional Learning Outcomes
- Outcomes Based Education
- Syllabus Guidelines
- Teaching, Learning & Assessment
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Faculty Development Links
- RTP Module
- Brown Bag Series
- Teaching Resources
- Teaching Cooperatives
- Teaching Portfolios
- Inclusive Excellence Symposium
- Success for Asperger's Syndrome Students
- Campus Resources
- Travel Grant
- TLA Reading Room
- Contact Us
TLA WEEKLY NEWS
Here is what's new...
1. Lab Software Review (LSR)
- November 4 to November 18: Faculty requests accepted for minor software additions/upgrades and configuration changes.
- November 19 to November 21: requests are reviewed and decisions communicated to requesters.
- November 24: Spring 2015 loadset infomrmation published on this page.
2. Trans*Visibility: Transgender Identity Awareness training for Faculty and Staff - Wed., November 19
What: Willy Wilkinson, MPH: An award-winning writer and public health consultant who is recognized widely for his expertise in transgender issues, he has trained and advised close to 300 community health organizations, businesses, and educational institutions on how to provide equal access for LGBT populations. Willy has extensive experience with communities of color, substance users, youth, and people with disabilities. In addition to the guest speaker, there will be a panel of student service staff who directly support trans students, and a faculty member who will talk about classroom issues. The panel will primarily introduce their respective topics; more in-depth discussion will happen at a subsequent training.
When: Wednesday, November 19, 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Where: University Center Living Room
3. Research (with Students) Grants Deadline Extended for Lectures Only ~ Due Tue., Nov. 25, 12 p.m.
What: Sponsored Programs has re-opened the Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activities RSCA) grant process for lecturers only
When: Noon on November 25.
More information: See attachments for application guidelines and requirements.
4. Provost Global Engagement Faculty Development Opportunity Mini-Grants
What: Mini-grants of $1000 - $5000.
When: Rolling deadlines: First Friday of each month, except January, June, July and August.
More Information: See attached flyer.
5. Deadline for Ordering Spring 2015 Textbooks
Due to the shorter timeframe between fall and spring, and to account for the holidays, please have 100% of your orders in the bookstore no later than December 1. Earlier adoptions allow the bookstore to secure more used books, which of course keeps costs down for students.
Ordering Books: Faculty Enlight (also see attached handout)
Course Packs: For those of your interested in creating course packs, you may do this through Faculty Enlight as well by choosing Discover>Create Coursepacks, or by contacting Justin Navarro at Xanedu - firstname.lastname@example.org
Affordable Learning Solutions: To keep learning affordable for students, explore the CSU's Affordable Learning Solutions.